As a company limited by guarantee, a homeless service provider, a registered charity, and an approved housing body, North West Simon Community must ensure compliance with a wide range of legislation, regulatory codes and standards each year.
The principal reporting requirements are contained in:
- Company Law
- The National Quality Standards Framework for Homeless Services in Ireland (NQSF) from the Department of Housing, Planning & Local Government
- The Charities Governance Code published by the Charities Regulator
- The Governance, Housing Performance, and Financial, standards, for Approved Housing Bodies published by the Housing Regulator
In compliance with Company Law, a Financial Statement is prepared by an independent Auditor which contains a summary of the services delivered and any other significant developments that have occurred during the financial year. North West Simon Community’s Financial Statements for the past six years are provided here:
Evidence of compliance with the NQSF is provided to local authorities on the basis of any service level agreements in place. Ongoing compliance with the Charities Governance Code, and the codes and standards of the Housing Regulator are published on the respective Regulators Websites which can be accessed here:
North West Simon Community is committed to fulfilling the Governance Principles set out by the Charities Regulator, which in summary are:
- Principle 1 Advancing Our Organisations Purpose
- Principle 2 Behaving with Integrity
- Principle 3 Leading People
- Principle 4 Exercising Control
- Principle 5 Working Effectively
- Principle 6 Being Accountable and Transparent
For further detail on the Charity Governance Code, click here.
We are signed up to the Housing Agency’s Voluntary Regulation Code (VRC), view the register here.
Our board of directors give their time on a voluntary basis and they are not compensated with pay.
They hold meetings regularly and their job is to scrutinise everything we do.
For more information about our fundraising practices, download our documents below:
Public Compliance Statement
Our Annual and Financial reporting
- Our financial accounts are independently audited every year
- Our accounts are SORP (FRS 102) compliant
- We continually monitor the impact of our work and its impact on the people we work with
- We ensure regular communication and reporting