By adopting North West Simon as the charity of choice for your business, we can build a strong personal relationship to make a lasting
difference in the lives of people experiencing or at risk of homelessness. We will work closely with you to develop a programme of volunteering
and fundraising activities to match your objectives.
Your employees could get involved by:
- Volunteering in the Simon Shop at 4 JFK Parade, Sligo (Mon – Sat) 1 to 2 hrs a week
- Arrange a collection of clothes and bric a brac for sale in the Simon Shop
- Volunteer as a group to do a Bag Pack/Street collection in support of North West Simon
- Organise an event to generate funding for our work
Participate in one of our fundraising Events:
- Thurs 20thFeb – Regional Tea Day – host a tea day
- National Volunteering Week each year in May – organise a fundraising event at your workplace
- June Bank Holiday- VHI Mini Marathon vhiwomensminimarathon.ie Team NW Simon (Ladies only)
- June 21st – Dip at Dawn – Rosses Point Sligo
- July 14th - Magee 1866 Donegal Wild Atlantic Marathon / Half Marathon
- 1stFri in Oct each year - Annual Sleep Out – volunteers needed to sleep out for one night and fundraise for NW Simon
- Simon Week 2019 – organise an event
- Wed 10th Oct is World Homeless Day – organise an event
- Wed 17th Oct is UN Day for Eradication of Poverty – organise an event
- Fri 13thDec is North West Simon Christmas Jumper Day – wear a woolly and donate!
- Sun 5thJan 2020 is Women’s Little Christmas Black Dress Ladies Lunch in Kilronan Castle – organise a corporate table of ladies!
Simon Week is the first week in Oct each year, and as part of this week North West Simon hold a number of events and awareness days in all three Counties. If you wish to organise an event during this time we would be delighted of your support.
- Wed 10th Oct - World Homeless Day - Non Uniform Day/Cake sale
- Tue 17th Oct – UN Day for Eradication of Poverty- Sponsored Silence
- Fri 13th Dec- NW Simon Christmas Jumper Day
- Dec – Carrick on Shannon Street Collection
- 5th Jan 2020 – Women’s Little Christmas Black Dress Ladies Lunch
- Fri 1st Feb - St. Brigid’s Cross making to sell
- Tues 25th Feb 2020 - Pancake Day
- Thur 20th Feb – Regional Tea Day for NW Simon in Sligo, Leitrim & Donegal
- March Schools can sell Shamrocks in skillet pots to support NW Simon
- School Sports Day/Fun run i.e. Students vs teachers football or sports event
- Carol Singing – The North West Simon Sing for Simon each year in December
These are just a few ideas if you wish to fundraise and we can provide branded material and organise a photo for the local paper.
A gift in your will, big or small, will help North West Community to be there for people facing homelessness in the future. When writing your will, your family and friends will of course come first but you might also consider including a gift to North West Community.
We receive all kinds of gifts from our generous supporters in their wills. We are grateful to receive sums of money, sometimes a portion of an estate after all other gifts have been made, and even specific items. Everything we receive is put to good use, preventing people from becoming homeless and providing a safe place to stay.
At North West Simon Community, we believe that everyone should have a place to call home. However, we know that there will always be people in our community who will need our support. By including a gift in your will, your legacy will touch the lives of those facing homelessness in our local community.
If you would like to discuss including a gift to North West Simon Community in your will, please contact Mary Mc Keon, Tel: 087-7708865, Email: email@example.com or Collette Ferguson Tel: 087-0552478 Email firstname.lastname@example.org.